Mbabane Climate & Temperature
- Mbabane, Swaziland is at 26°19'S, 31°8'E, 1145 m (3757 ft). See map.
- Mbabane has a humid subtropical mild summer climate that is mild with dry winters, mild rainy summers and moderate seasonality. This climate is usually found in the highlands of some tropical countries. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Mbabane is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The average temperature is 16.9 degrees Celsius (62.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 8 °C (14.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 20°C (68°F) on average falling to 5.7°C (42.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 23.3°C (74°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 12°C (53.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 25°C (77°F) and average low temperatures are 15°C (59°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 22.7°C (72.8°F) during the day and lows of 11.3°C (52.4°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1337 mm (52.6 inches) which is equivalent to 1337 Litres/m² (32.79 Gallons/ft²).
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Mbabane you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Hilo, (Big Island), Hawaii, Hawaii where you would find a Tropical wet climate (Subtropical dry forest biome).
Mbabane Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Mbabane Climate Graph in Metric Units
Mbabane Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Mbabane, Swaziland Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: