Mbabane Climate & Temperature
- Mbabane, Swaziland is at 26°19'S, 31°8'E, 1145 m (3757 ft). See map.
- Mbabane has a humid subtropical mild summer climate that is mild with dry winters, mild rainy summers and moderate seasonality. This climate is usually found in the highlands of some tropical countries. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cwb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Mbabane is situated in or near the subtropical moist forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 16.9 degrees Celsius (62.4 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 8 °C (14.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype barely hyperoceanic.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 20°C (68°F) on average falling to 5.7°C (42.2°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 23.3°C (74°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 12°C (53.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 25°C (77°F) and average low temperatures are 15°C (59°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 22.7°C (72.8°F) during the day and lows of 11.3°C (52.4°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1337 mm (52.6 inches) which is equivalent to 1337 Litres/m² (32.79 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Mbabane you would come out nearest to the climate station at Hilo, (Big Island), Hawaii, Hawaii where you would find a Tropical wet climate (Subtropical dry forest biome).
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Mbabane, Swaziland Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: